To become a WYF Volunteer you should have the following professional qualifications:
Values and commitment
- Strong commitment to the values and principles of volunteerism
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural environment
- Ability to adjust to difficult living conditions
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills
- Prior volunteering and/ or working experience in a developing country is an asset.
- A university degree or higher diploma
- Two years of relevant working experience
- At least age 20 when taking up an assignment
- Good working knowledge in at least English, French, Spanish, Bahasa Melayu, Mandarin is an asset.
Conditions of Service
The key benefit of being a WYF Volunteer is the personal satisfaction the volunteer assignment brings to you as you make a positive impact on development. It also leads to a unique enhancement of your professional experience.