A PhD should be an exciting and stimulating time. For many, it is the first step into a career in a research, and the first opportunity to say something truly novel about the world around them. We are looking for talented and motivated graduates with backgrounds in biological sciences, mathematics, computer science and/or chemistry.
We are committed to training the next generation of cancer research scientists, helping launch careers in basic, translational and clinical cancer research. Postgraduate students enjoy a supportive environment, a challenging project and, together with tailored training in transferable and generic skills, will develop as independent scientists with excellent career prospects.
Our students benefit from:
- World-class facilities, including deep sequencing, microarrays, mass-spectrometry, advanced imaging, histology, GCLP labs and flow cytometry.
- Core funding by Cancer Research UK, the largest independent cancer research charity in the world.
- A generous stipend of £19,000 per year (tax free).
- Group leaders focused only on research and postgraduate training.
- Working alongside over 300 postdoctoral scientists, clinical fellows, scientific officers, administrative and technical staff, postgraduate research students and visiting fellows.