The TWAS-CIIT Fellowship Programme for Postgraduate Research offers fellowships to young scientists from developing countries (other than Pakistan) who wish to obtain all or part (sandwich or full-time) of their PhD in natural sciences. Duration: minimum of six months to a maximum of 3 years (up to 18 months for a sandwich programme).
- TWAS-CIIT Postgraduate Fellowships are tenable in the departments and laboratories of the 7 campuses of the COMSATS Institute of Information Technology (CIIT).
- SANDWICH Fellowships (for those registered for a PhD in their home country): The Fellowship may be granted for a minimum period of 6 months and a maximum period of 18 months.
- FULL-TIME Fellowships (for those not registered for a PhD in their home country): The Fellowship may granted for a period of up to 3 years. Candidates will register for their PhD in the relevant department at one of the campuses of CIIT, Pakistan.
- CIIT will provide a monthly stipend which should be used to cover living costs such as food, accommodation and health insurance. The monthly stipend will not be convertible into foreign currency.
- The language of instruction is English.
Applicants for these fellowships must meet the following criteria:
- be nationals of a developing country (other than Pakistan);
- must not be on site in Pakistan;
- must not hold any visa for temporary or permanent residency in Pakistan or any developed country;
hold an MSc degree in a field of natural sciences;
- be a maximum age of 35 years by 31 December in the year of application;
for SANDWICH Fellowships: be registered PhD students in a developing country and provide the “Registration and No Objection Certificate” from the HOME university (see sample on page 6);
- for FULL-TIME Fellowships: be willing to register at a university in Pakistan;
- provide a certificate of good health from a qualified medical doctor;
- provide an official Acceptance Letter from CIIT (see sample Acceptance Letter on page 5). Requests for acceptance must be sent to Dr. Tariq-Ur-Rahman (by e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org) who will facilitate assignment of a host supervisor. In contacting Dr. Tariq-Ur-Rahman, applicants must accompany their request for an Acceptance Letter with copy of their CV and a research proposal outline;
- provide evidence of proficiency in English.
Fecha cierre de convocatoria: 31 agosto 2014